commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] IOException on Unix box
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:13:47 GMT
It sounds like the Compaq JVM accepts a different set of SSL certifing
authorities.  Sun JVMs accept SSL certs signed by Thawte and Verisign in
pre 1.4 JVMs, plus a bunch of new ones in 1.4+ JVMs.  Your options are
as follows:

  - get an SSL cert that is verified by an authority that the Compaq JVM
will accept.
  - import the SSL cert into the JVMs trusted keystore.  Check JVM docs
for more details.
  - use a custom SSL socket factory