commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Uploading 30Mb files
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:15:36 GMT
Jan Agermose wrote:

>I'm developing an webapplication that handles big files 20-40 Mb per file. Up until now
the upload of the files has been done outside the scope of the application and the application
scope has been "limited" to handling indexing document information and locating the documents
for user download. Now I need the admins to upload the documents themselves. But I really
would like it to be a integrated part of the webapplication. Not using ftp and then handling
things in the application as usual. But is it possible using tomcat/commons-fileupload to
handle files this size? Will I run into timeouts and size restrictions? I was thinking that
an applet might be better, but it is sure simpler to use std. html upload if no restrictions
apply?

>Jan Agermose

Using commons-file upload I have posted 650MB, & 1GB files.
On a LAN connection the 650MB will take about 12 minutes.

The upload timeouts if you are using Tomcat, can be set from the
server.xml file.