commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] setFollowRedirects(true) on PostMethod
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:49:03 GMT
Hi Santos,

There's no way to make PostMethod automatically redirect, other than
subclassing and overriding setFollowRedirects().

I question if this is what you want though.  Generally a redirect on
post indicates that the post succeeded and that the response is to be
read from the redirected page.  So you would perform a POST to
http://somehost/form and be redirected to http://somehost/response.  You
would then want to do a GET on http://somehost/response.

In either case it is also possible to handle the redirect manually by
checking the response code and getting the location header.