commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sean W. Ferguson" <seansli...@comcast.net>
Subject [jelly] How to post XML with Unicode characters?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:26:05 GMT
I am trying to post some XML that contains unicode characters to a
server.  In the XML, if I set the encoding="ISO-8859-1" it works.  The
problem is, I cannot set that in a jelly xml file for the post.

Example:
<http:post var="request" uri="http://sean:8080/dictionary/universe">
   <http:header name="Content-Type" value="text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
   <http:header name="Content-Encoding" value="ISO-8859-1"/>
   <http:body>
     <filerequest method="save" type="single">
       <file name="${name}">
         <core:forEach var="property"
items="${bean.dynaClass.dynaProperties}">
           <field id="${property.name}">${bean.get(property.name)}</field>
         </core:forEach>
       </file>
     </filerequest>
   </http:body>
</http:post>

It fails because some of the properties contain unicode characters.
What I want is to append this to the top:
But when I do, jelly complains about multiple xml tags saying there can
only be one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks