commons-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>
Subject Re: [jelly] bringing a jelly::core variable into an jelly::xml xpath
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:38:16 GMT
Paul, I'm having trouble understanding your suggestion.  Are you
suggesting that the following should work?

<xml:set var="input"
select="$groups//group[@name='${userEnteredExpression}']/@desc"/>

(and also the following should work)

<xml:set var="input" select="${userEnteredExpression}" />

I think I tried that once and it didn't work.  Also, Dan tried that in
his original example in this e-mail thread, and it didn't work for him
either.

 > I think xml:parse accepts strings for source.
But xml:parse doesn't evaluate X-path expressions.  It is for reading in
XML documents.  X-Path expressions work via xml:set or xml:expr, right?

Bill