commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric Giguere <eric.gigu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Configuring jdk14 logging under tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:00:41 GMT
Hi all

I've search for the last hour to get a way to configure the jdk1.4
logging facility when used from the commons-logging, all this running
under Tomcat 4.1.24
 From jdk doc, we can either call configure() method (cannot), modify
system wide config file (don't want) of supply a config file path as a
JVM system property. I've not found how to do so on web-application
startup, using web.xml tags <env-entry> and <context-param> failed... Or
did I miss something?

My question is then, is it possible to configure the jdk1.4 logging
engine used from commons-logging in a web application context? If so,
anybody can help with some general advice?

Meanwhile, commons-logging.properties in WEB-INF/classes and
simplelog.properties in same location allowed me to get debug messages.

Any help appreciated
thx

Eric