commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Jelly: Need Help Installing
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:46:43 GMT
Mark,

I'm surprised that you couldn't compile.
Which version did you grab ?
I would recommend to follow the cvs-checkout.
At least on this, after commenting out the "<extend>" element, "maven
jar" builds fine by me (including tests).

For taglibs, the problem will come a bit later that some dependencies
are not distributable as easily hence need manual work...

Paul

Mark Cohen wrote:
> I am a college professor with plans on covering Jelly in my "structure of programming"
course this fall.  I have spent the entire day trying to install Jelly without success.  Following
the directions, I installed Maven and fetched the most recent version of Jelly from CVS.
Next, I ran "maven test", and after a few of the jar files downloaded into the repository
I got a NullPointerException.  I tried several things after this (I will not go into the details)
and I still have not be able to get a working copy of Jelly.

> Can anyone help me get Jelly installed?  Also, what is the bare minimum that can be installed
in order to just use Jelly's core functionality?  I would like to make it as simple as possible
for my students to install and start using Jelly.