commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Jelly: Need Help Installing
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:40:16 GMT
Jelly is in a not so glorious state in terms of distribution currently...
What I would suggest for your purpose is to follow the dependencies in
project.xml manually: using http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ you get all
the jars (presumably in one place) and then even get a not too late jelly.

You can also avoid running the tests. It's kind of unsafe but... it
could get you working also:

maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true jar

Paul

Mark Cohen wrote:
> I am a college professor with plans on covering Jelly in my "structure of programming"
course this fall.  I have spent the entire day trying to install Jelly without success.  Following
the directions, I installed Maven and fetched the most recent version of Jelly from CVS.
Next, I ran "maven test", and after a few of the jar files downloaded into the repository
I got a NullPointerException.  I tried several things after this (I will not go into the details)
and I still have not be able to get a working copy of Jelly.

> Can anyone help me get Jelly installed?  Also, what is the bare minimum that can be installed
in order to just use Jelly's core functionality?  I would like to make it as simple as possible
for my students to install and start using Jelly.