commons-user mailing list archives

From Koni Roth <konir...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: How to configure commons-logging on JDK1.4
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:23:36 GMT
Thanks Jamie
I read an article at http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/4017 (section Logging,
point 5). There he says explicit:

-----
5. Finally, if none of the above is valid and the application is not
running on JRE 1.4 and above, the application uses a built-in SimpleLog,
which writes everything to System.err.
-----

Because my application runs on JRE 1.4, it uses automatic the
Jdk14Logger. I cannot use SimpleLog on JDK 1.4! Therefore I will use
Jdk14Logger and not Log4J.

Thank you, Koni