commons-user mailing list archives

From Koni Roth <konir...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: How to configure commons-logging on JDK1.4
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:47:41 GMT
No answer until now! It looks like nobody is using commons-logging!
Very frustrating to be the only one using it...

Is there really no useful example or documentation?

Cheers and enjoy the Friday Beer.
Koni

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: How to configure commons-logging on JDK1.4
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:11:58 +0200
From: Koni <koniroth@bluewin.ch>
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org, struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

Hello
I'm using Struts 1.1 with commons-logging. My 'commons-logging.properties'
file is in the CLASSPATH and has the following 2 entries:

----
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.LogonAction=info
----

When I run my application the Log should use the 'SimpleLog', as defined
in 'commons-logging.properties'. BUT it uses the default logger for my
environment
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger!!!!

How can I configure logging to use 'SimpleLog'?? Any examples??

Thanks
Koni