commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Walker" <r...@ascert.com>
Subject JXPATH - naming oddity when using with JAX-B
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:16:07 GMT
Have to say, I'm very much liking the look of combining JAX-B for object
marshalling/unmarshalling and JXPATH for in memory object graph search.

One oddity I noticed:

I have a List containing classes of type PackagedDriverImpl, which itself
implements an interface PackagedDriver.

This class has a getDriverDescriptor method, which returns an object of
x.y.z.DriverDescriptor based on the the JAX-B generated schema.

My original JXPath search went along the following lines:

DriverDescriptor/Info/Driver[@Id='xxx.yyy']

This failed, and running it through debug I noticed that the leading capital
letter of all my properties had been shifted to lower case. So, redoing my
search as follows worked:

driverDescriptor/info/driver[@id='xxx.yyy']

Seemed a little odd. Anyone got any suggestions/advice on this?

TIA

-- Rob Walker

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com