commons-user mailing list archives

From Frank Morton <fmor...@base2inc.com>
Subject commons:fileupload side-effect on anchors?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 02:09:53 GMT
I am using jboss 3.2.0rc2 with jetty running under MacOS X with all the
latest
everything. Using Explorer under XP as the browser.

I am using the equivalent code down below to redirect to a url:

           String charset = "UTF-8";
           response.setContentType("text/html;charset="+charset);

response.redirect("/city/jsp/profiles/profiles-consumers-
organizationwithmeetings.jsp?pid=1059697481265#note");

I've been using this code for over a year without problems. But,  now I
have a
need to use multipart forms (to do file uploads). I'm using
common/fileupload
code to parse the file. It all seems to be working fine, with one
exception.

If the form is submitted with a "<input type=file ....>" tag present in
the form, the
"note" anchor is omitted from the url as the browser shows it from the
redirect
above. I am quadruple sure that the anchor is correctly passed to
response.redirect.
The "#note" is part of the redirect, but the browser display shows the
url without
the anchor.

I'm sure the html is well-formed and all the anchors are correct.

If I take out only the "<input type=file ...>" tag, everything works
fine as far as
the anchor is concerned.

I'm out of ideas and don't see a relationship between that single input
tag causing
the anchor to be dropped.

I'll try suggestion you might have to fix this. I'm stuck.

Thanks.