commons-user mailing list archives

From Jai PP <jpgulba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [digester] NullPointerException :Digester.addObjectCreate
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:15:15 GMT
I am getting  null pointer exception at
addObjectCreate. When there are lot of nodes. I am
using latest 1.5 digester. Pls see the below code, if
I run this many times or if there are lot of elements
of A/B then following error is encountered.

Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
void
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.addObjectCreate(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)

Here is what I am doing. When  tag A/B is obtained
creating an object myBeanClass and calling addSetNext
every time

// push the gloabl object
digester.push(this);
digester.addObjectCreate(
            "A/B",
            myBeanClass);
// set some bunch of values using
digester.addBeanPropertySetter(..);
digester.addBeanPropertySetter(..);

call the add next rules

digester.addSetNext("A/B", "process");

public void process(myBeanClass myBeanClassObj)
{
}