commons-user mailing list archives

From flaviotord...@tin.it
Subject [BeanUtils] How to set a mapped property when the key contains dots?
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:40:18 GMT
hi all,
i'm using BeanUtils.setProperty() inside my application. When property is
mapped and the key contains dots, beanutils thinks the key has nested
properties (which is non-sense to me). Is there a way to escape dots? Why
beanutils tries to access nested properties in a String-based key? Is this a
bug?

example:
environment(java.naming.factory.initial)

btw: the app is called XFP
http://xfp.sourceforge.net