commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] No such accessible method
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:10:48 GMT
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Erik Price wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:34:00 -0400
> From: Erik Price <eprice@ptc.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [digester] No such accessible method
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been happily using Digester for about six months now, but suddenly
> it's stopped working for me and I just can't figure out why.  I'm hoping
> someone on this list can point out my mistake.

Usually, this sort of message is caused by one of the following problems
-- without seeing the source to your Criteria class, there's no way to
know which issue is actually causing this.  Look for:

* The Criteria class must be public.

* The setParentRequirementId() method must be pubic and (it looks like)
  take an int parameter.

* There must be no other setParentRequirementId() method that takes a
  different type of parameter.  In other words, "parentRequirementId"
  must be a proper JavaBeans property with the usual getter and setter
  method names, or you can use a BeanInfo class to explicitly specify
  the getter and setter method names to use.

Craig