commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make Jdk14Logger and Log4JLogger Serializable
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:25:54 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:24:45 +0700
> From: Jason Dillon <jason@coredevelopers.net>
> To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Make Jdk14Logger and Log4JLogger Serializable
>
> As far as I know the only complications are having the Log cache the
> log name and then be sure to re-hookup logging when de-serialized.  I
> did this for JBoss's logger abstraction and it worked well.

I'm going to work on this for commons-logging today.  It doesn't look
difficult to make all the standard Log implementations Serializable.

If people have suggestions for functionality improvements, they are less
likely to get lost if they're entered into the issue tracking system:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

> --jason

Craig McClanahan