commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commons-validator question: why isn't there a public accessor for field in ValidatorResult?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 03:03:44 GMT
--- Mike Janson <mjanson@gene.COM> wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could tell me a practical reason why the
> field property of ValidatorResult is protected yet no public accessor
> exists for it.

That's a good question and if you look at the recent source you'll find a
TODO tag indicating that I have been confused by that field variable
myself :-).  It's not used in the code so I was considering removing it.
However, if you need access to it, then we should add an accessor method.
I have no idea why this wasn't done in the original versions.

David