commons-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject httpclient: download file with url
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:44:04 GMT
I've finally figured out how to interact with an HTTPS site, but now that
a page is displaying for me a list of URLs pointing to files I can
download, how do I actually download a file?  Do I use Commons code, or
java.net (e.g. something to do with URL) and java.io (your
run-of-the-mill FileInputStream, etc) code, or some sort of combination,
or what?  For instance, can the pathname used to instantiate a
java.io.File object be a hyperlink on an HTTPS site?  Thanks for any
help!