commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] how significant is CompiledExpression speed up?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:37:41 GMT
Avoid the pitfall of premature optimization! There is no need to use
CompiledExpressions unless you have to.  If later you discover that you
have a performance problem caused by the number of different xpaths you
need to evaluate, then start using compiled expressions.  And, of
course, JXPath has a small internal cache of those. That cache should
suffice for casual use of JXPath.

- Dmitri