commons-user mailing list archives

From John Farrell <Farrell_Joh...@cat.com>
Subject Re: jelly demos don't compile even with the jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:19:00 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 04:50 pm, Henri Yandell wrote:
> I've found that the speed of Maven can get frustrating at times.

Actually, the speed of maven didn't worry me. It's just all the mucking around
using cvsgrab, trying to figure out how to get jelly without all of commons,
searching wikis and websites, searching through code to find out what is
really going on, and so on.

> Could you let me know which particular jelly source download you grabbed?

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-jelly/distributions/

I know I tried the commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3-src.tar.gz at least once, maybe
the zip as well. Silly me thought that the old modification dates meant the
product was stable. To get to that page, you go to

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/

and click on Download, so I really expected it to be up to date. Thanks Henri.

John