commons-user mailing list archives

From John Farrell <Farrell_Joh...@cat.com>
Subject Re: jelly demos don't compile even with the jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:41:38 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 02:26 pm, Kwok Peng Tuck wrote:
> Well as for your problem, too me it looks like you do not have Commons
> Discovery in the classpath for whatever you are building.
> Are you sure that the build script knows where the commons-discovery jar
> is ?

OK, on further investigation, I do have the jar, and the dependency in
project.xml is right, but the jelly code does not compile against that jar.
The class org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceDiscovery does not exist in the
jar.

>/home/john/jelly/src/java/org/apache/commons/jelly/impl/DefaultTagLibraryResolver.java:59:

>cannot resolve symbol
>symbol  : class ServiceDiscovery
>location: package discovery
>import org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceDiscovery;

So I am guessing that my problem is that the jelly source download is so old
it no longer compiles. Well that's wasted most of a day for me! It's back to
trying to use cvsgrab to get CVS HEAD for jelly. But I have almost forgotten
why I am bothering.

John