commons-user mailing list archives

From John Farrell <Farrell_Joh...@cat.com>
Subject jelly demos don't compile even with the jars
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:03:57 GMT
After the long saga of finding the mysterious jars required for jelly,
demo:swing now fails during compilation. For example,

/home/john/jelly/src/java/org/apache/commons/jelly/impl/DefaultTagLibraryResolver.java:59:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServiceDiscovery
location: package discovery
import org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceDiscovery;

Full details are in the attached file compile_errors.txt. Help please?

I made notes on the jar-finding expedition. As I feared, xsdlib-20020414.jar
is not available, so jelly depends on an unpackaged library which can no
longer be obtained. Full notes are in how_to_jelly.txt. I don't see the point
in updating the Getting Started doc unless I can actually get a tutorial
running at some point.

Thanks to Adrian for the early lunch suggestion.

John