commons-user mailing list archives

From John Farrell <Farrell_Joh...@cat.com>
Subject Re: unsatisfied dependencies in jelly demos
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:18:22 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:57 am, Adrian Sutton wrote:
> You have to manually download the JDBC jar from Sun and drop it into your
> local maven repository as the licensing requirements on the jar prevent it
> from being downloaded automatically by maven at this stage.
>
> Hope that helps,

I expected that would be the answer, but I have to do it for jdbc, jms and
xsdlib. I don't know what xsdlib is, and if I can't find it, jelly just won't
work for me. Also, I will only be guessing as to what jelly expects to find
in my repository. The Jelly tutorial page says "and hopefully make your first
experience with Jelly enjoyable and fun". Well, so far it is failing. So far
it is frustrating the heck out of me. Neither the tutorial page nor the
Getting Started page tell me that I actually have to hunt down 3 jars that I
may or may not be familiar with, and stick them in some place which is
undocumented before any of the tutorials will work. In fact the Getting
Started page says "This should download all the required jars required to
build and run all the example Jelly scripts, compile all the code and build
and run all the unit test cases", although the developers are well aware that
that is NOT the case.

John