commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Dynamic FSM Configuration
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:16:15 GMT
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 05:05 am, Adam Jack wrote:
> Ok, I am trying StandardFileSystemManager :
>
> Q: With this line in the providers.xml ... if HttpClient isn't available,
> will I still get JDK HTTP?

Yes.  If HttpClient isn't available, the provider won't get added when the fsm
is configured.  And so, http urls will fall through to the default provider,
which uses java.net.URL.

> Here is what I have (below) w/ lots of old (DefaultFSM) stuff commented
> out. Does what I have left make sense, or is it redundant?

There's a couple of things left that you don't strictly need:

> 		fsm.setLogger(LogFactory.getLog(name));

You don't need to set logger, the fsm will use LogFactory to locate one if it
hasn't been set.

> 		fsm.setReplicator(new DefaultFileReplicator());

You don't need to do this.  StandardFileSystemManager.init() will set the
replicator to the same thing.

ie, all you really need is this:

fsm = new StandardFileSystemManager();
fsm.init();