commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JXPATH - naming oddity when using with JAX-B
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:04:46 GMT
Rob,

When working with in-memory objects, JXPath relies on the JavaBean
specification, which prescribes a certain way of capitalizing property
names.  Specifically, we remove the "get" prefix from the method name
and de-capitalize the rest, unless it begins with two or more capital
letters. For instance, "getFoo" becomes "foo", getFOO() becomes "FOO".

- Dmitri