commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: .//
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:59:46 GMT
JXPath cannot, by design, step upward from the root.  The rationale is
that you cannot really do that in any meaningful fashion when you are
working with Java Beans graphs. So, for consistency, it does not do
that for XML structures either.

However, if you create a JXPathContext passing the document root as the
argument and then take a relative context from it, you will be able to
step up to the real document root.

I hope this helps,

- Dmitri