commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt/digester] mapping interfaces to classes
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:55:09 GMT
On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 08:46 PM, Gary S. Cuozzo wrote:

>> oops - i forgot this option. this is adding an extra attribute to the
>> .betwixt file that specifies an implementation class - probably a 'class'
>> attribute. (this isn't the same as derived beans.)
>>
>> this should be pretty easy to implement but it's probably not worth
>> contributing to right now since it means changes in the code i've just
>> moved. i might take a look at this once i've committed the changes i'm
>> working on (see below).
>>
>> how does the name 'class' sound for the betwixt attribute name?
>
> sounds just fine to me.  i think this modification will be all i need.

i've committed this change. you'll either need to build from CVS HEAD or
wait until the next nightly.

i've updated the web site with some documentation.

note that i suspect that may have trouble if you want to set properties
which do not exist in the interface - but getting this working is reliant
on some refactoring of the read process required to make derived beans
work fully. i'm going to take a look at this soon but i can't promise when
it'll be done.

- robert