commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Mapping for interface instead of class
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:58:53 GMT
Creating beans from that will however still not work.
If you have Interface I and class A and B implementing I, betwixt cannot
figure out which class it was, unless we are actually putting the
getClass().getName() into the xml now (please forgive me not looking at
the code to check this), for the objects the be correctly recreated from

> > Please keep in mind that betwixt cannot recreate the beans if they are
> > based on an interface. (new Interface() just doesn't work :) ).
> this is exactly what robert fixed/implemented last week.  check the
> betwixt page and look at advanced reading.  there is now a 'class'
> attribute in the <element> in the .betwixt file.  i just tried it last
> night and it works fine.  makes it so that you can map an interface at
> read-time to a concrete class that implements it.
> cheers,
> gary.
Martin van den Bemt <>

View raw message