commons-user mailing list archives

From Santos <jsan...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] setFollowRedirects(true) on PostMethod
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:21:34 GMT
hi mike,

i understand you perfectly and what you said makes sense. the problem is
that, without followRedirects set to true, the URL I got from
httpPostMethod.getURI().toString() (httpPostMethod is an instance of
PostMethod) is the same as the one I pass to the PostMethod constructor
while creating httpPostMethod. In other words:

String url1 = "http://...";
PostMethod httpPostMethod = new PostMethod(url1);
httpPostMethod.addParameter("...", "...");
httpClient.executeMethod(httpPostMethod);
String url2a = httpPostMethod.getURI().toString();

url1 is equal to url2, and I need to obtain the *redirected* url2.

Any tip?

Thank you again,