commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <mhawtho...@alumni.pitt.edu>
Subject Re: [BEANUTILS] Any way to get more helpful error messages from BeanUtils.copyProperties?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:32:34 GMT
I agree that it makes sense to create some type of pluggable property
exception handling.  Perhaps a user can set listeners or handlers such
as:

PropertyListener
	eventOccured(PropertyEvent e)

or

PropertyErrorHandler
	handleWarning(PropertyException ex)
	handleError(PropertyException ex)

Another idea I've had while using beanutils is the redundancy of having
to catch IllegalAccessException, InvocationTargetException, and
NoSuchMethodException for a lot of the method calls.  I use a small
utility which delegates the call to beanutils, and if an exception
occurs, wraps it in another exception (something like BeanException or
ReflectionException).

Would adding wrappers for the *Utils be useful, or are there frequent
cases where users perform different actions based on the type of
exception that occurs?  My actions for each type of exception are
usually identical.