commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [BEANUTILS] Any way to get more helpful error messages from BeanUtils.copyProperties?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:30:50 GMT
at the moment, the answer is: not easily. the problem is that beanutils is
rather hamstrung by backwards compatibility. there has been talk of
factoring out the exception handling so that it could either be hooked
into by a pluggable interface or the behaviour subclassed.

or maybe there's a case for developing subclass exceptions.

anyone else have any opinions on this?

- robert