commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Agermose" <...@agermose.dk>
Subject Re: Uploading 30Mb files
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:48:36 GMT
How do I get the original filename of the file uploaded?

Jan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Agermose" <jan@agermose.dk>
To: <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 11:16 PM
Subject: Uploading 30Mb files

> I'm developing an webapplication that handles big files 20-40 Mb per file.
Up until now the upload of the files has been done outside the scope of the
application and the application scope has been "limited" to handling
indexing document information and locating the documents for user download.
Now I need the admins to upload the documents themselves. But I really would
like it to be a integrated part of the webapplication. Not using ftp and
then handling things in the application as usual. But is it possible using
tomcat/commons-fileupload to handle files this size? Will I run into
timeouts and size restrictions? I was thinking that an applet might be
better, but it is sure simpler to use std. html upload if no restrictions
apply?