commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Plotnikov" <dmi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getPointer() returns not null
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:34:32 GMT
Hmm...

There is, of course, a difference between the "no such property" and "the
property is there, but it is null" situations. In the latter case the
Pointer won't be null.

Give me more information and I'll try to investigate.

Thanks,

- Dmitri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Psi Aushilfe3" <Aushilfe3.Psi@prosieben.de>
To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 4:18 AM
Subject: getPointer() returns not null

Hi!

JXPathContext.getPointer(), javadoc: "Traverses the xpath and returns a
Pointer. A Pointer provides easy access to a property. If the xpath
matches no properties in the graph, the pointer will be null."

Well, this seem not to (always?) be true. I have to check for
pointer.getNode() whether it is null but the pointer itself is not
null...