commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Cohen" <markcohenm...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Jelly: Need Help Installing
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:31:47 GMT
I think I will give up on Jelly for this course and use SVG and XSLT for my XML-based languages.
 I will look at Jelly again next Fall.
Thanks a lot for your help, it was much appreciated.
Mark

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Libbrecht
  To: Jakarta Commons Users List
  Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 4:23 AM
  Subject: Re: Jelly: Need Help Installing

  Mark Cohen wrote:
  > I am using Maven 1.0 Beta 10.  I think I found my problem.
   > As suggested, by commenting out the <extend> element in the jelly
   > project.xml file it seemed to compile OK.

  Note that you shouldn't need to ignore test-results!
  (at least for the core, I think some tags still have failing tests).

  However, I suspect there are other problems because
   > I cannot get any of the demo scripts to run (i.e. demo:swing).
   > Maven cannot find the demo goal, it does not appear to be in
   > the project.xml file.

  maven demo:swing has to be done from jelly-tags/swing directory, yet
  another documentation missing.
  That's exactly the current poor situation of Jelly: the tag-libraries
  splitting from the main-project has been mainly done at the code and
  build level but is missing at the documentation-level....

  > java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking org/xml/sax/XMLReader
class

  This is probably because you don't have the appropriate classpath.
  If you brows the archive about a month ago, I've posted bits from a
  project that will be called "jellypack" which generates the classpath
  for you.

  Hope that helps.

  Paul