commons-user mailing list archives

From "Adam J Chesney" <a...@multicom.co.uk>
Subject [JXPATH] Possible Sychronization Problem
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:40:34 GMT
Hi,

JXPath 1.1 running on Suse Linux 8.2, Sun JRE 1.4.2

We are using JXPath (which we think is great btw) in a highly multi-threaded environment where
we are creating lots of contexts and we seem to be encountering an intermittent issue where
a number of calls to

jxp_context = JXPathContext.newContext(context);

in different threads at similar times are blocking indefinitely (or at least > 60 secs).

Other threads are also accessing there own JXPath contexts (which were successfully created
earlier) at the same time.

I have at a quick look into the JXPathContext source and it does seem that there is a bunch
of synchronization of shared resources.

Has anyone noticed any similar deadlock problems before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Adam Chesney

Tel:   (+44) 117 908 1254 (Direct)
Mobile (+44) 7780 962 961
email: adam@multicom.co.uk

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential.
and may be unlawful.

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into
which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by Multicom Products Limited for any loss or damage arising in any
way from receipt or use thereof.