commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Agermose" <...@agermose.dk>
Subject Uploading 30Mb files
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:16:25 GMT
I'm developing an webapplication that handles big files 20-40 Mb per file. Up until now the
upload of the files has been done outside the scope of the application and the application
scope has been "limited" to handling indexing document information and locating the documents
for user download. Now I need the admins to upload the documents themselves. But I really
would like it to be a integrated part of the webapplication. Not using ftp and then handling
things in the application as usual. But is it possible using tomcat/commons-fileupload to
handle files this size? Will I run into timeouts and size restrictions? I was thinking that
an applet might be better, but it is sure simpler to use std. html upload if no restrictions
apply?

Jan Agermose