commons-user mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pe...@jxProject.com>
Subject [HttpClient] - testing issues with proxies
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:18:18 GMT
I just got started with HttpClient yesterday.  I am using it so I can add
proxy support to my client application.

I installed HttpClient and ezProxy on my machine and I am able to
successfully send/recieve http through ezProxy using HttpClient.  Sweet!

However, I am anticipating the following problems:

1) I don't have an adequate environment to test the various proxies and
thier configurations.  Are there any proxies online that can be used for
testing?  Wishful thinking I know, but just thought I'd ask. ezProxy is not
going to cut it.

2) My application will allow the user to define the proxy and port to use,
either socks or HTTP proxy.  I am not going to store the proxy
userid/password.  I'll have the user enter the credentials if I get a 407
response and display my own userid/password dialog at that time.  This seems
fine, but when I read about the NTLM protocol it looks like I'm going to a
407 twice from the proxy.  I guess I just ignore the second one, but the
lack of a testing environment puts the pressure on to get this exactly
right.

3) What is the response code if the proxy authentication fails?

Pete