commons-user mailing list archives

From "Geert Van Damme" <geert.vanda...@vdab.be>
Subject Re: Ftp directory listing on NT server
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:59:37 GMT

Ok, in the meantime I've tried using the NTFTPEntryParser (latest nightly build) and this
seems to work.
Other questions still remain... especially the last question.

>>> geert.vandamme@vdab.be 07/30/03 10:37am >>>

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a directory listing from an NT4 ftp server, but it returns null. I'm using
the commons-net-1.0.0 library.
I suppose the problem is that the ftp server returns a 'windows style' listing, while I need
a 'unix style' listing.
Is there a way to solve this ? I don't think the server accepts SITE commands (is there any
good doc somewhere about SITE ?).
Will the NTFTPEntryParser solve my problem ? If so, is the 1.0.1-dev stable enough to use
in a production environment ?

Thanks in advance,
Geert