commons-user mailing list archives

From Gael Marziou <gael.marz...@.free.fr>
Subject [HttpClient) Simple vs. MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager within a servlet
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:06:13 GMT
Hello,

I am using HttpClient from a servlet which basically provides some
kind of URL rewriting and reverse proxying capabilities based on the
user's profile.
Each session has it s own HttpClient instance in order to manage
session cookies for remote back ends independently from other users.

In this context, it seems to me that the
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager is useless because multi threading
is done at servlet level and so SimpleHttpConnectionManager seems a
better choice to me because it's simpler and consumes less server
resources.

Is my understanding correct?
Is there any risk in using SimpleHttpConnectionManager in this
context?

Thanks,

Gael