commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daryl Stultz" <>
Subject Re: fileUpload NullPointerException
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:40:43 GMT
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <> writes:
>	o There is a file upload field that the user is not selecting, and as
>such it is returning a blank or null value to FileUpload.  This would
>usually throw a FileUpload Exception instead though. So I would focus on
>the first two.

I have a page that has three upload fields. You can select a file for only
one (or none at all) and it does not throw an error. Given that the upload
field may be an optional feature for the user, it seems that throwing an
exception is not a great design. Am I missing something here?

Is it the parseRequest method that will throw the exception or something

Daryl Stultz
6 Degrees Software and Consulting, Inc.

View raw message