commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fileUpload NullPointerException
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:26:17 GMT

"Kristine Weissbarth" <kristine.weissbarth@sourcepark.de> wrote in message
news:1057925436.587.47.camel@phoenix...
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a servlet running which processes my fileUpload with
> commons-fileUpload following the example on the website. But I always
> get the following NullPointerException although the request is not null:

It looks like you haven't configured a file item factory. Which class are
you instantiating for your upload handler (i.e. what type is 'upload' in
your code)? You probably want to be using DiskFileUpload unless you're doing
something special.

--
Martin Cooper

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.createItem(FileUploadBase.java:
507)
> at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.jav
a:390)
> at de.sourcepark.fileUpload.uploadServlet.doPost(uploadServlet.java:107)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>
> The problem seems to be in the parseRequest method within the doPost of my
servlet (= uploadServlet.java:107):

> List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
>

> I cannot find the problem and either the solution. I guess it should be
something trivial but I cannot find it.