commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Installing in Eclipse
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:15:31 GMT
As Brian said, keep the FileUpload jar within your own web app, and don't
try to share it by putting it in common/lib. Since Tomcat has its own
(pre-1.0) copy of FileUpload somewhere, I strongly suspect that the problems
you are seeing are the result of confusion between the 2 different versions
of FileUpload.

--
Martin Cooper

"Rhino" <rhino1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how/where to install FileUpload so that it works in
Eclipse?

I am running Eclipse on Windows XP and have Tomcat 4.1.24 and Sysdeo V2.1
installed on my system. Every time I run my simple file upload servlet, I
get this (plus more stacktrace) as the root cause in the exception that is
thrown:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUploadBase

I posted about this a few days ago and tried everything that was suggested
without success. The last suggestion that I got said that I may have
installed the FileUpload code incorrectly. As a result, I downloaded and
installed the new 2.1.1 version of Eclipse, migrated my projects over to the
new version of Eclipse, then tried my servlet again. I got the same error
again!

I'm pretty bad at installing things so I've probably just done something
boneheaded that is obvious to everyone but me. That's why I'm posting here;
maybe one of you folks can see what I'm doing wrong.

My newest version of Eclipse is installed at D:\eclipse. The version of
Tomcat used by this new copy of Eclipse is at D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24. My
CATALINA_HOME environment variable has been changed to point to
D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24. The commons-fileupload-1.0.jar file is at
D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\common\lib.

What do I have to do or change to make this work? I can compile fine but I
can't run this servlet at all, not even once.

This feels like a dumb question but I've been looking at docs for quite a
while now and still can't find this answered clearly anywhere.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat."