commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Alexander" <dalexan...@ukgateway.net>
Subject HttpClient - Want all cookies in a single header line
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:04:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to make an HTTP GET request with all the Cookies on one header
line.
For some reason the request is built with each cookie on a separate line.

i.e., I want:

Cookie: foo=1; baa=2

but I am getting

Cookie: foo=1
Cookie: baa=2

I've looked at the source for HttpMethodBase where I saw that this depends
on whether it is in strictMode. So, I set it to strictMode first.

Doesn't seem to make any difference though.

Here's my code. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong.

// ...
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
HttpState state = client.getState();
state.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
state.addCookie(new Cookie("192.168.0.1","foo","1","/",null,false));
state.addCookie(new Cookie("192.168.0.1","baa","2","/",null,false));
GetMethod method = new GetMethod("http://192.168.0.1/index.html");
method.setStrictMode(true);
int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
// ...

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.