commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Alexander" <>
Subject RE: HttpClient - Want all cookies in a single header line
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:19:06 GMT
Don't spend any time on this.

I got the answer from the Sun Java Forums.

Apparently the strictMode setting is reset by the client so I
had to set it there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Alexander []
Sent: 19 July 2003 15:04
Subject: HttpClient - Want all cookies in a single header line

I'm trying to make an HTTP GET request with all the Cookies on one header
For some reason the request is built with each cookie on a separate line.

i.e., I want:

Cookie: foo=1; baa=2

but I am getting

Cookie: foo=1
Cookie: baa=2

I've looked at the source for HttpMethodBase where I saw that this depends
on whether it is in strictMode. So, I set it to strictMode first.

Doesn't seem to make any difference though.

Here's my code. Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong.

// ...
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
HttpState state = client.getState();
state.addCookie(new Cookie("","foo","1","/",null,false));
state.addCookie(new Cookie("","baa","2","/",null,false));
GetMethod method = new GetMethod("");
int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
// ...

Hope someone can help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: