commons-user mailing list archives

From "hugogus@voila.fr" <hugo...@voila.fr>
Subject [NET] Security with the FTP client
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:25:15 GMT
Hello everybody,

I downloaded your package commons-net-1.0.0 and I use it particularly for the FTP classes
provided.
It works perfectly and it provides everything I need to access a FTP server.

On the other hand, it does not provide security features like SSL or SSH.
Could someone tell me how I could implement security but still using this package. I don't
wat to write my own FTP client as
this one is what I was looking for. I've seen that the J2SDK 1.4 provides JSSE (Java Secure
Socket Extensions), could it be
possible to use it in conjunction with commons-net ?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo.