commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Set date issue
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:49:57 GMT
hi

i had a good think about what you said, about the need to retain backwards
compatibility and also the needs for advanced users to register custom
converters with ConvertUtils, the good news is that i think that i've come
up with a way to satisfy everyone :)

i haven't had time to fully document the changes i've made (and i have
some more related features that i hope to add very soon). but if you'd
like to check out and build CVS HEAD (or wait for a new nightly) java.util.
Dates should map to their toString() format and back again with the
default configuration.

(for anyone interested in betwixt development, i've added a pluggable
strategy interface whose default implementation delegates to ConvertUtils
except for java.util.Date subclasses which are not in java.sql.)

- robert