commons-user mailing list archives

From "Botelho, Mauro" <Mauro.Bote...@turner.com>
Subject RE: [dbcp] Minimum Number of Connections Open
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:19:33 GMT
If there's any interest in adding this functionality, I'll code it and contribute it.

Mauro

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney Waldhoff [mailto:rwaldhoff@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:02 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [dbcp] Minimum Number of Connections Open

No, not currently.

You can open a number of connections on application startup like this:

Connection[] conns = new Connection[SIZE];
for(int i=0;i<conns.length;i++) {
  conns[i] = DriverManager.getConnection(uri);
}
for(int i=0;i<conns.length;i++) {
  conns[i].close();
}

but depending upon your configuration, the pool may close all of those
connections if they sit idle long enough.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>