commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lister, Tom (ANTS)" <tom.lis...@ants.co.uk>
Subject [Digester] element names
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:54:20 GMT
Hi
I'm need to parse an XML document and cross reference selected elements with
a mapping database to resolve different naming conventions between systems.
We are using XML via MQ for real time integration.

My problem is that when I get the content of an element to call a mapping
method call, I also want to pass the name of the element as a second
parameter to the method. I can't see a way to get this information.
Alternatively a way to pass in a hard coded parameter would also work as I
know which elements I am defining rules for.

I can't see any way to pass parameters to a method call other than element
contents - or have I missed something basic.

Do I need to build a custom rule for this?

:-) Tom Lister
Technical Architecture Group
* - 020 7756 5014
* - tom.lister@ants.co.uk

This communication (including any attachments) contains confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient and you have received this communication in error, you should
destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents.  Please notify the
sender immediately of the error.

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after
they are sent.  Abbey National Treasury Services plc does not accept liability for any loss
you may suffer as a result of interception or any liability for such changes.  If you wish
to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender by using
an alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract and, unless otherwise stated, is
not intended to be contractually binding.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered Office:  Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square,
Regents Place, London NW1 3AN.  Registered in England under Company Registration Number: 2338548.
 Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).