commons-user mailing list archives

From "Norrod, Dennis G Mr Veridian-MRJ" <Dennis.Nor...@DET.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL>
Subject [HttpClient] Uploading large files (~>30MB) throws SocketExceptio n
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:35:10 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have code that uses MultipartPostMethod to upload files to a servlet that uses FileUpload.
All file transfers to localhost work fine. Files <30MB, transferred to a remote server,
work fine. Files >30MB fail with this error (from HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod)):

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

The servlet on the remote server runs in Oracle's 9iAS with OC4J. All file transfers to the
remote server via an IE form work fine. Looking at the HttpClient wire trace, everything looks
normal - until the data just stops getting sent. I've tried setting HttpClient.setTimeout()
and HttpClient.setConnectionTimeout() to zero and 9999999 - same results.

I'm using HttpClient 2.0 Beta 2.

An added twist, though I doubt it matters: I have to go through a VPN to get to the remote
server; I'm already connected to it - the code I wrote doesn't worry about it.

Any ideas on other things I can look at?

Thanks.
Dennis