commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [JELLY] Table
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:28:35 GMT

On Vendredi, juil 25, 2003, at 00:51 Europe/Paris, Sean W. Ferguson
wrote:

> Is there a good place to see how to use the table tag?  I want to make
> a Jelly Swing table, but the only example I can find is one that uses
> a table model bean.  I would prefer to use one completely defined in
> jelly.

I don't think that's in already.
Do you mean a table model that is an XML subtree of the Jelly source ?
Looks interesting but, as many other models, I have still not seen any
in-memory-XML-data-structure (JDOM, DOM4j, DOM,...) that came wrapped
as a model for one of the Swing components.

If it is to be read-only, then it's easy.
But if it is to be modifiable, then one needs XML-mutation events and
their translation into, e.g. TableModelEvents.

It's been since long in my project-list (for JDOM, in my case) but I
haven't seen this yet.

I would really enjoy collaborating on this topic (even if it is on
DOM4j, but please not DOM). Tables might be a good starting point as
they are pretty easy in terms of data-structure.

Paul